The Foxes want to run the hen-house…

The Register Citizen has a typically one-sided article about a meeting of the Connecticut Against Gun Violence group. Bitter at Snowflakes in Hell pointed out that at least one member of the group, James Hanton, is a convicted felon, who can’t vote because he’s on parole. Therefore, one of their methods to counter-act the influence of the NRA would be to allow felons to vote.

Update:

David Codrea of the War On Guns blog, writing in the Gun Rights Examiner has more information about James Hanton.

Retro Revolver Review II

Webley Mk IV

Webley Revolvers

The Webley Revolver (also known as the Webley Break-Top Revolver or Webley Self-Extracting Revolver) was, in various marks, the standard issue service pistol for the armed forces of the United Kingdom, the British Empire, and the Commonwealth from 1887 until 1963.  But the Webley story does not begin with that well-known model.

(click the title for more)

Retro Revolver Review


MAS 1873

MAS 1873

French 1873 Ordnance Bureau Revolver

Sharp-eyed readers will recognize this piece as the sidearm used by Brendan Fraser’s character in The Mummy.  The Chamelot Delvigne French 1873 (also called the MAS 1873 revolver) was a double-action 11-millimeter (11.43mm or 11×17.8R) ordnance revolver with a solid frame and side ejection.  The barrel was approximately 4.5″ long (110-115mm), with 4-groove right-hand rifling.  The guns were left unblued.  It was adopted by the French Army as standard issue for NCOs in 1873, as the French military’s first double-action revolver.  It was also the first center-fire cartridge revolver the French used.  The Swiss, Belgian, Dutch, and Italian armies also used them.
(click the title for more)

Bad News – One Less Gun Range in CT

Just got reports that the Fairfield Indoor Range in Monroe has burned down. Here’s a couple of news reports on the fire so far:

From the Hartford Courant

Another from WTNH Channel 8

There’s not much information at either link at this point. Apparently, the fire started at the range, and spread to the whole building. Early reports say that nobody was there when the fire started.

The real shame is that they’d recently come under new ownership, and done an upgrade of the range facilities. You can read our recent post on the store here.